In Vehicle Safety test, the examiner generally asks you two types of questions: -
- Tell Me Questions, where you will have to tell the examiner how you will carry out the safety task.
- Show Me Questions, where you will have to show the examiner how you will carry out the safety task.
Here is a list of questions which your examiner may ask you in Tell Me part of the test: -
- Tell me how you will check whether the brakes are working before starting your journey?
Brakes should never feel spongy, vehicle should not pull towards one side and we should make sure brakes are fine before taking off.
- Tell me where you can find the recommended tyre pressure and why tyre pressure is important?
Tyre Pressure is important because if its not measured tyre may burst in the middle of the journey. The pressure of the tyre can be measured by using a reliable gauge. Pressure is generally mentioned in the manufacturer’s guide.
- Tell me how will check, whether your head restraint is correctly set or not, so that it can provide you protection at the time of a crash?
The head restraint should be adjusted in such a manner that the rigid part of it is as high as the eye or top of the ears and as close to the back of the head as comfortable to the driver.
- Tell me how will you know that the headlights and tail lights of your vehicle are working?
You must start the lights and if necessary start the ignition. Then you will have to walk around and check the lights.
List of questions which you will have to answer for show me part of the test: -
- When it is safe to wash and clean rear windscreen, can you show me how to do it?
- When it is safe to wash and clean front windscreen, can you show me how to do it?
- When it is safe to do so, can you show me how you will switch on your dipped headlights?
- When it is safe to do so, can you show me how you will operate horn of your vehicle?